I’m not sure if you’ve been keeping up on with Facebook on their changes (not the ones you hate) but the ones that are coming out! One of the coolest features they have coming out in October is called Timeline. (If you’re a developer you can get it now. How to guide will be at the bottom of this post)
It’s a great feature showing your life on Facebook (Insert privacy concern here.) but as I always say….(Google said it first)..If you do not want someone to find something about you online do not put it there in the first place. Back to the topic…
My favorite feature is the cover page image at the top. As you can see on mine I created my own marketing banner that tells friends (or future friends / contacts) what I do!
Regardless who you are…the cover page is a valuable feature that can tell someone who you are in a split second.
Facebook timeline is a great feature and is only available to developers right now, but don’t worry here is how you can get it before its released in October.
Here’s how you do it:
1. Login to Facebook.
2. Go here https://developers.facebook.com/apps or type developer in search.
3. Click Allow
4. Click Create App
6. Click Open Graph on the left side.
7. In the box type in watch and video and click get started.
8. Once that’s finished go back to your main facebook page and wait…It will popup asking if you want to try out timeline.
– Troy Glancy Google Profile